Complex ran an interview with Carmelo Anthony. In it they accompany the NBA all-star as he gets fitted for tailored clothes, which is a necessity because his ass is too tall to buy from racks. The dude has a pretty dope stylist if you’ve ever check out homie in red carpet events but his personal taste are blah. Just like his interview. The insight provided from his stylist in the sidebar (included below) was way more interesting than the actual interview.
Five things about Carmelo Anthony’s style as told by his stylist Kalilah Williams.
1. He wears classic fits. “When we first started, he was into baggier clothes but was easy to work with as soon as we started changing his style. I don’t want him to look at a picture in five years and think, ‘What was that about?’”
2. He will never wear bowties. “To this day I haven’t been successful in getting him to wear one. He loves ties though so it’s a work in progress.”
3. He does love ascots though.
4. He wears a size 14 shoe. “They don’t offer his size on the sales floor so it’s my biggest challenge. We’re in talks to start getting shoes made exclusively for him.”
5. Carmelo might start rocking some throwbacks. “I spend $200 in a magazine store and look at everything but right now I’m looking at a lot of older designers from the ’60s and ’70s and getting inspiration.”
And if you care here are some excerpt from his boring ass interview.
“Ralph Lauren and Jordan Brand. That’s pretty much it.”
“If I see it, and I like it, I’ll pick it out.”
What cities have the best stores:
“New York or L.A., I try to get out there but I don’t get too many chances but if I go out in Atlanta and D.C…. there’s a couple boutique spots that are good but I can’t just go into a store and buy a shirt most of the time, that’s why I gotta get custom-made stuff.”
Check out the whole interview here